Gary and Kathy Jordan have been making world-class Jordan Wines since 1993 on Jordan, a farm with a history going back over 300 years.
The cellar is designed around a gravity flow system using natural cooling by recessing the cellar into the slope of the mountain.
Stainless steel fermentation tanks are jacketed with cooling bands to ensure controlled fermentation and storage temperatures.
The barrel-fermented white wines are made according to Classic Burgundian methods.
Separate barrel cellars are designated for Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Shiraz where the wines mature.
All the wines are produced and sold in various ranges:
Bradgate, Chameleon, White, Red, Reserve, CWG and Jardin.
The Jordan wine club, The Insiders Club, was launched in February 2006 by Gary and Kathy Jordan.
Membership will entitle you to the following:
- 5% discount on all wine purchases.
- Regular newsletters to keep you updated on all news.
- Rare and special "Members Only" wine.
- Invitations to exclusive functions such as the annual harvest lunch.
- Tastings of vintage and pre-release wines.
- Discounted local transport on 2 or more cases.
- Free entry to the annual Open Day.
- Pre-notification of any special offers.
t: +27 21 881-3441
Return from the Jordan Wines page to What to do in Cape Town homepage