MTN Sciencentre, Canal Walk
IMPORTANT NOTICE - The MTN Sciencentre have relocated to new premises in front of Groote Schuur Hospital. They have also changed their name to The Cape Town Science Centre (Click here to see the new page).
The MTN Sciencentre situated in Canal Walk Shopping Centre in Cape Town, is an interactive science centre.
Through the use of hands-on exhibits children (yes mom and dad, you'll enjoy it as well) are taught that science, maths and technology are fun.
Apart from the permanent exhibitions, the centre hosts regular travelling exhibitions.
The top 10 permanent exhibitions are:
- The Electric Train to Table Mountain
- The Audio Kinetic Sculpture - see and hear science
- Mindball - control a ball with your brain waves
- The Ericsson Giant Cell Phone - call a friend
- The Canon Camera Obscura - a room-sized pinhole camera
- The Mars Rover - explore space
- The Human Gyroscope - experience weightlessness
- Head-on-a-plate - lose your head
- Murray and Roberts Building Site - construction site
- Puzzling Things - challenge your mind
The Experilab Science Shop sells toys and gadgets including specialised board games and puzzles, school project kits, slime & sea monkeys!
|The entrance||Toys in the Experilab Science Shop|
09:00 - 18:00 Sunday - Thursday
09:00 - 21:00 Friday - SaturdayClosed Christmas Day
021 529 8100
407 Canal Walk Shopping Centre (Upper level, Entrance 5)
Return from MTN Sciencentre page to What to do in Cape Town homepage
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.